Tuna steaks with creamy mustard sauce
1 tsp, whole-grain
Uncooked yellowfin tuna
20 oz, 4 yellowfin tuna steaks, 3/4-inch thick
3 medium, sliced
1 medium clove(s), minced
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
⅛ fl oz, (optional)
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt in the bottom of a shallow dish. Add the tuna, turning to coat both sides; let stand 5 minutes to marinate.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tuna and cook until golden on the outside but still a little red in the center, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer 2 of the tuna steaks to a plate to cool, then cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days for later use. Transfer the 2 remaining tuna steaks to 2 serving plates; cover lightly with a foil tent and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp oil in the same skillet. Add the scallions and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the mixture is reduced by about one-third, about 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the half-and-half in a small bowl. Stir into the broth mixture in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce simmers and thickens. Remove the foil from the 2 reserved tuna steaks; pour the sauce over the tuna.
- Serving size: 1 tuna steak and 3 tbsp sauce