- 8 oz uncooked fusilli, or other spiral pasta
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 oz whole milk low moisture mozzarella cheese, smoked, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil and oregano; toss to coat.
Fold in tomatoes, basil and mozzarella; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- For added flavor, try sun-dried tomatoes: Place 1/4 cup of dried sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover them with boiling water; set aside for 10 minutes to allow the tomatoes to plump up. Drain well and substitute them for half the cherry tomatoes.