Tofu & broccoli stir-fry with garlic sauce
Low sodium soy sauce
5 tsp, divided
Dark sesame oil
Extra firm tofu
14 oz, cut into 1-inch chunks
3 tsp, divided
12 oz, florets
2 medium, sliced (1 cup)
2 tsp, fresh, peeled, grated
Crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp, toasted (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup water, soy sauce, 2 tsp cornstarch, and sesame oil. Set sauce aside.
- Place tofu on a paper towel–lined plate and top with paper towels. Gently press tofu to remove excess water. Remove paper towels. Sprinkle tofu on both sides with remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp canola oil over medium-high. Add tofu and cook, without stirring, until bottom is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tofu is evenly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp canola oil over medium-high in same skillet. Add broccoli and carrots and drizzle with ¼ cup water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in sauce and tofu. Cook until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Divide among 4 bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using).
- Serving size: 1½ cups tofu stir-fry and ½ tsp sesame seeds