- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder, medium-hot
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1 small jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, chopped (don't touch seeds with bare hands) or 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup(s) canned tomato puree
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes, with green pepper, celery and onion, undrained
- 6 oz canned tomato paste
Combine onion, garlic, carrots, chili powder, oregano, jalapeno, salt and pepper in a 5-quart (or larger) slow cooker; stir. Add remaining ingredients; stir again.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 6 to 8 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- We start cooking the chili at a HIGH setting so the ingredients quickly reach a safe temperature. You can reduce the heat to LOW after 3 to 4 hours, if you prefer.This recipe is part of our Make Ahead Soups, Chilies and Stews series. To learn more about this cook-and-freeze feature, click here.