Thai red curry-coconut slow cooker chicken
light unsweetened coconut milk
13½ fl oz, (1 can, low-fat)
Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
2⅓ tbsp, (7 tsp)
½ head(s), medium, broken into small florets
1 pound(s), all-purpose variety, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
uncooked sweet potato(es)
1 medium, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red variety, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2 medium, cut into 1/2-inch slices
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
30 oz, 6 (5-ounce) breasts
salted creamy peanut butter
⅓ cup(s), chopped fresh
3 medium, thinly sliced
roasted salted shelled peanuts
⅛ cup(s), (2 tbsp), chopped
1 item(s), wedges
- Whisk together coconut milk, 4 teaspoons curry paste, and salt until blended in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add cauliflower, all-purpose potatoes, sweet potato, bell pepper, and carrots and toss until mixed well.
- Rub 2 teaspoons curry paste all over chicken and place on top of vegetable mixture. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 2 1/2–3 hours on High or 5–6 hours on Low.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces or shred using two forks. Cover and keep warm.
- Stir together peanut butter and remaining 1 teaspoon curry paste in cup. Stir into slow cooker; add chicken, stirring until combined well. Spoon chicken-vegetable mixture evenly onto 6 plates or into bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro, scallions, and peanuts and serve with lime wedges.
- Per serving: 1 1/2 cups chicken curry and 1 teaspoon peanuts