Thai Chicken Skewers
Canned unsweetened light coconut milk
13½ fl oz
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped, or to taste
Dark brown sugar
Thai curry paste
1 tsp, fresh, grated
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), pounded thin, cut crosswise on the diagonal into 16 strips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, cilantro, sugar, curry paste, ginger, lime zest and salt until blended; set 1 cup of coconut milk mixture aside for dipping sauce.
- Transfer remaining coconut milk mixture to a resealable plastic food storage bag (or shallow glass container with cover). Add chicken to bag (or container), seal and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak sixteen 18-inch wooden skewers in water for 20 to 30 minutes (to prevent scorching).
- Preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan rack with nonstick aluminum foil (or use a nonstick baking sheet coated with cooking spray).
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread one piece of chicken onto each skewer and place on prepared pan; coat with cooking spray. Broil, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved sauce to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Arrange skewers on serving platter. Spoon sauce into a bowl for dipping. Yields 2 skewers and about 1 tablespoon sauce per serving.