Thai chicken salad
creamy peanut butter with omega-3
1 Tbsp, warm
low sodium soy sauce
rice wine vinegar
½ tsp, minced
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), thinly sliced
uncooked red onion(s)
¼ cup(s), sliced, thinly sliced
fresh mint leaves
¼ cup(s), minced, plus additional for garnish
2 Tbsp, chopped
- To make dressing, whisk together first nine ingredients (peanut butter through cayenne) and keep at room temperature.
- Spray a nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook breasts, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165ºF, approximately 20 minutes.
- While breasts are cooking, toss together coleslaw, bell pepper, cucumber, onion and mint. Divide evenly across two serving bowls.
- Remove cooked breasts from heat, cross-slice each breast and place one breast on top of each salad.
- Drizzle salads evenly with peanut dressing and garnish with scallions and additional mint. Yields 1 salad per serving.