- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked carrot(s), grated
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 7 1/2 oz firm tofu, extra-firm preferred, well-drained and diced
- 1 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs, whole-wheat
- 1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add carrots, scallions and garlic; sauté until carrots are tender, about 4 minutes. Add tofu and sauté for 1 minute more; transfer mixture to a medium-size bowl.
Stir in bread crumbs, teriyaki sauce, egg whites, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 equal-sized patties, pressing firmly with your hands.
Wipe out sauté pan and coat it with cooking spray again. Fry patties on both sides until crisp and brown, about 3 minutes per side. Serve on rolls.