- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 6 oz fresh spinach, fresh, baby leaves
- 3 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat orzo
- 2 cup(s), chopped cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Spray a large nonstick saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the broth and puree the mixture with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender.
Return mixture to pan and add pasta, chicken, lemon, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the ingredients are combined and the soup is hot, 4–5 minutes.