Tandoori-Grilled Cauliflower Burgers with Cucumber Raita Spread
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
¼ cup(s), peeled, chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
¼ cup(s), minced
2 Tbsp, chopped
1 head(s), small
Thin whole wheat sandwich bread (roll)
Fresh lemon juice
4 leaf/leaves, large, red leaf variety
- To make raita, combine yogurt through cayenne in a small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use (can be made up to 1 day ahead).
- To make burgers, trim leaves from cauliflower; cut head into quarters, slicing through center/core. Cut each quarter into 2 even thick “steaks,” keeping center core intact.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, curry powder, salt and lemon juice; add cauliflower and carefully toss to coat.
- Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower steaks until charred and tender, flipping once, 4-5 minutes per side.
- To assemble burgers, place a leaf lettuce on bottom of each sandwich thin; top each with 2 cauliflower steaks, 3 Tbsp raita and sandwich top. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 burger