Uncooked extra lean ground beef 96 % lean 4% fat
Uncooked sweet yellow corn
1 cup(s), chopped
Fat free salsa
1 cup(s), divided
White self-rising flour
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Pickled jalapeno peppers
8 slice(s), optional
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray and add beef, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Cook, stirring to crumble beef, until beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in corn, scallions, and ½ cup salsa. Cook 2 minutes or until any liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place flour and yogurt in a medium bowl; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). If dough is too sticky to knead, add more flour, 1 Tbsp at a time, until no longer sticky.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface and sprinkle with a little flour; place dough on paper. Use a knife to cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 5-inch circle. Arrange 1 Tbsp cheese in middle of each dough circle. Top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Pull edges of dough up and over filling and pinch edges to seal. (If dough tears, simply pinch it back together.)
- Arrange dough balls, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush dough balls with egg, and sprinkle evenly with remaining ¼ cup cheese. Top each with 1 jalapeño slice, if desired. Bake at 425°F until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Serve with remaining ½ cup salsa.
- Serving size: 2 taco bombs and 2 tablespoons salsa