- Total Time
Enjoy this Chinese favorite from the comfort of your home and without all the calories of the restaurant version.
cooking spray1 spray(s)
uncooked lean pork tenderloin1 ½ pound(s), cut into thin strips
canned pineapple packed in juice15 oz, chunks
mineral water½ fl oz
rice wine vinegar⅓ cup(s)
packed brown sugar¼ cup(s)
table salt½ tsp
low sodium soy sauce1 Tbsp
green pepper(s)2 medium, sliced
uncooked onion(s)1 small, sliced
cooked brown rice3 cup(s), kept warm
- Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from skillet.
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook covered over low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice. Yields about 1 cup of pork and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.