Super-Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 20 oz frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 32 1/4 oz canned condensed cream of potato soup, three 10 3/4 oz cans
- 4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 3/4 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese, extra-sharp
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste (optional)
- Melt butter in a large nonstick saucepan over low heat. Add onions and increase heat to medium-low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and potato soup; gradually stir in milk until blended. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese, mustard and cayenne until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 1/4 c
This soup can be made 2 days ahead. Puree all, or part of the soup, for a thicker consistency.