Sunday Meatloaf and Vegetables
- Total Time
Finely chopped vegetables mixed in with the ground turkey give moistness and flavor to this turkey meatloaf.
white bread3 slice(s), cut into 1-inch squares
fat free skim milk⅓ cup(s)
uncooked carrot(s)3 medium
uncooked onion(s)2 small
uncooked celery1 rib(s), medium, coarsely chopped
uncooked ground turkey breast1 pound(s)
table salt¼ tsp
uncooked red potato(es)6 small, scrubbed and halved
Cremini mushrooms½ pound(s), fresh, sliced
- Place the bread in a large bowl. Pour the milk over the bread and let stand 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop 1 of the carrots and cut the remaining 2 carrots into 2-inch chunks. Coarsely chop half of 1 onion and slice the remaining onions. Set aside the carrot chunks and sliced onions.
- Place the chopped carrot, chopped onion, and celery in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to the bowl with the bread mixture. Add the turkey, egg, and salt; mix with hands until combined. Shape the mixture into an oval loaf and place in a slow cooker.
- Arrange the potatoes, mushrooms, and reserved carrot chunks and onion slices around the meatloaf. Cover and cook until the meat and vegetables are fork-tender, 4–5 hours on high or 8–10 hours on low.
- Transfer the meatloaf to a platter and cut into 6 slices. Spoon the vegetables around the meatloaf. Yields 1 slice meatloaf and 1⁄6 of vegetables per serving.