Stir-fried shrimp and snow peas in orange sauce
4 medium, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp, finely grated
2 medium clove(s), minced; or 2 1/2 tsp minced garlic
8 oz, small, peeled, deveined (about 36 to 40 per lb)
uncooked bean sprouts
unsweetened orange juice
½ cup(s), freshly squeezed recommended
low sodium soy sauce
toasted sesame oil
- Coat a large nonstick wok or saute pan with cooking spray; heat to smoking over high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in scallions, ginger, orange zest and garlic. Stir and toss constantly over the heat for 30 seconds.
- Add snow peas. Continue tossing until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp; continue cooking, tossing all the while, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Add sprouts, orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Toss until bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; continue cooking until sauce has thickened a bit, about 30 seconds. Remove wok or pan from heat and drizzle oil over the dish. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.