- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger root, finely chopped
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, florets
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 20 item(s) cashews, roasted, unsalted, roughly chopped
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil, ginger and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until starting to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes; remove to a plate.
Add remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil, pepper and broccoli to same skillet; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet, pour in soy sauce and cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more; toss with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil. Sprinkle on cashews and serve. Yields about 1 3/4 cup per serving.
- We chopped the nuts so we could cut back on the total amount used but still sprinkle a lot on the dish.