Steak with ratatouille over tagliatelle
Uncooked whole wheat pasta
4 oz, tagliatelle, linguine, or fettuccine
1 medium, finely chopped
2 medium, diced
1 medium, diced
6 medium, diced
2 medium clove(s)
½ cup(s), chopped fresh plus additional for garnish
½ tsp, coarsely ground
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef strip sirloin
1 pound(s), boneless, cut into 4 pieces
4 sprig(s), flat-leaf, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini and eggplant and cook, stirring often, just until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, and fennel seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pasta, 1/2 cup basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spray large ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan and cook, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 6 minutes.
- Divide pasta mixture and steak evenly among 4 plates. Sprinkle with basil and parsley, if using.
- Per serving (1 piece steak and 11/2 cups pasta mixture)