Steak with Balsamic-Molasses Sauce and Roasted Green Beans
- Total Time
uncooked string beans1 pound(s), trimmed
olive oil2 tsp
table salt¾ tsp
salt-free seasoning½ tsp, steak grilling variety
balsamic vinegar3 Tbsp
rosemary¾ tsp, chopped fresh
uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef1 pound(s), boneless steak
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked shallot(s)1 medium, finely chopped
orange juice¼ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place green beans on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and grilling seasoning. Spread green beans to form even layer and roast, stirring once, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together vinegar, molasses, and rosemary in small bowl. Brush both sides of steak lightly with some of molasses mixture. Sprinkle steak with pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray steak with olive oil nonstick spray. Place steak in skillet and cook, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of steak registers 145°F, 8–10 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add shallot and orange juice to skillet and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan, until shallot is softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining molasses mixture and bring to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cut steak across grain into 12 thin slices. Divide steak evenly among 4 plates and drizzle with sauce. Serve with green beans.
- Per serving: 3 slices steak, 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce, and 3/4 cup green beans