Spring Vegetable Soup with Pesto
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 medium uncooked leek(s), diced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup(s) uncooked celery, diced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 64 oz canned chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) uncooked zucchini, diced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked green peas, fresh or frozen
- 19 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 tsp store-bought pesto sauce, or homemade pesto
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; add leeks, celery, carrots and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir garlic into pot; cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth; increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Stir in zucchini, peas, beans and tomatoes; cook until flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with pesto swirled into top. Yields about 1 1/4 cups soup and 1/2 teaspoon pesto per serving.