Spring Vegetable Soup with Pesto
- Total Time
A touch of pesto adds a bright note to this delicious French-inspired soup. Swirl it in at the end for the most flavor.
olive oil1 tsp, extra virgin
uncooked leek(s)4 medium, diced (white and light green parts only)
uncooked celery1 cup(s), diced
uncooked carrot(s)1 cup(s), diced
kosher salt1 tsp
minced garlic2 tsp
canned chicken broth64 oz
uncooked zucchini1 cup(s), diced
uncooked green peas1 cup(s), fresh or frozen
canned cannellini beans19 oz, rinsed and drained
canned diced tomatoes14 ½ oz, drained
store-bought pesto sauce4 tsp, or homemade pesto
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; add leeks, celery, carrots and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir garlic into pot; cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth; increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Stir in zucchini, peas, beans and tomatoes; cook until flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with pesto swirled into top. Yields about 1 1/4 cups soup and 1/2 teaspoon pesto per serving.