- 10 oz frozen green peas, or fresh peas, sweet baby variety
- 8 oz lite silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves, fresh, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
Bring a medium saucepan half full of water to a boil; add peas. Return to a boil; boil 1 minute to soften skins. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain again.
Put peas into the bowl of a food processor; add tofu, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process until mixture is smooth. Add mint and scallions; pulse until finely chopped.
Scrape mixture into a bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend (or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days). Garnish with additional sliced scallions or mint, if desired.
Serving size: 1/4 c