Spinach and Chicken Triangles
1 large, chopped
Chopped frozen spinach
10 cup(s), thawed and squeezed dry
Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
1 cup(s), chopped, finely chopped
Reduced-fat feta cheese
⅓ cup(s), crumbled
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
14 sheet(s), thawed according to package directions if frozen (12 x 17-inches each)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Combine the onion, spinach, chicken, feta cheese, dill, egg white, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 2 jelly-roll pans or baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface. Cover the remaining sheets of phyllo with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out as you work. Lightly spray the phyllo sheet with nonstick spray. Cut it lengthwise into 4 strips. Put a rounded teaspoon of the spinach mixture in one corner of each phyllo strip and fold the phyllo diagonally over the filling to form a triangle. Continue to fold the phyllo (as if folding a flag) to the end of the strip. Place the phyllo triangles, seam-side down, in a jelly-roll pan. Cover with a damp paper towel to prevent the phyllo from drying out. Repeat with the remaining phyllo and filling to make a total of 56 triangles.
- Bake the triangles until the phyllo is puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Serve it hot, warm, or at room temperature. Yields 4 per serving.