- 12 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s), cut into 1/4-inch thick, bite-size slices
- 5 tsp sherry (dry or sweet), divided
- 2 tsp soy sauce, dark* (see note)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp fat free chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili sauce, (chili-garlic sauce)
- 5 tsp peanut oil
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), smashed
- 2 cup(s) snow peas, strings removed** (see note)
- 1 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), halved
- 1/4 tsp table salt
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 2 tsp of sherry, dark soy sauce and cornstarch, and stir until cornstarch is no longer visible. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, hoisin, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and remaining 1 Tbsp sherry.
2. Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in 1 Tbsp of oil. Add garlic and stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Push garlic to sides of wok, add chicken and spread evenly in one layer in wok. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, letting chicken begin to sear. Stir-fry 1 minute until chicken is no longer pink but not cooked through.
3. Swirl in remaining 2 tsp oil, add snow peas, tomatoes and salt, and stir-fry 30 seconds or until just combined with chicken. Swirl sauce into wok and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Yields 3/4 cup per serving.
- * The dark soy sauce adds a rich flavor with a hint of sweetness and helps to caramelize the chicken. If you cannot find it, you can substitute low sodium soy sauce. ** To save time, if the snow peas are young and tender you can skip stringing them.