- Cut scallions crosswise in thirds, then slice lengthwise into thin strips. Have bowl of ice water ready.
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add scallions to boiling water, then immediately drain in colander. Plunge scallions into ice water to stop cooking. Drain, then gently pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- On small holes of box grater or with microplane grater, grate ginger into medium bowl. With your hands, squeeze ginger, allowing juice to fall into large bowl. Discard pulp.
- To make dressing, add vinegar, sesame oil, honey, curry paste, and salt to ginger juice in bowl. Whisk until blended well. Add bean sprouts, cilantro, carrots, and scallions; toss until coated evenly.
- Per serving: about 1 1/2 cups
Bean sprouts are also called mung bean sprouts. If you have a little extra time, trim oﬀ the delicate threadlike ends for a prettier presentation.