Spicy Pork & Cucumber Noodle Salad
Uncooked lean boneless pork chop(s)
3 large, chilled (about 2 1/2 lb; see Notes), spiralized
Garlic chili paste
4 tsp, (See Notes)
Low sodium soy sauce
1 cup(s), sliced lengthwise into thin pieces
1 cup(s), coarsely chopped
Fresh mint leaves
¼ cup(s), coarsely chopped
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high. Season pork on both sides with salt; brown until cooked through, 3 minutes per side. Transfer pork to a cutting board; let rest while you prepare salad.
- In 3 batches, gently but firmly press spiralized cucumbers between 2 double layers of paper towels (or clean dish towels) to remove excess moisture (press each batch twice, using new paper towels each time, for best results); transfer noodles to a colander set over a bowl or in sink to drain more. Snip cucumber noodles with kitchen shears to shorten lengths; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, oil and water; set aside.
- Thinly slice pork; place in a serving bowl. Add noodles, tomatoes, cilantro, mint and dressing; gently toss to coat, season to taste (optional) and serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 3 oz pork and 2 c noodle salad