- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup(s) uncooked rolled oats
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz canned green chili peppers, mild or spicy, diced
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce, divided
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients, except half of tomato sauce, in a large mixing bowl; set remaining tomato sauce aside. Spoon meatloaf mixture into prepared pan and smooth top.
Bake for 60 minutes; spoon remaining sauce over meatloaf and cook 5 minutes more. Slice into eight pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
- This recipe is part of our Cook Ahead and Freeze series. Find mouth-watering recipes that’ll help you put meals on the table in minutes during stressful or busy times. Homemade "fast food" was never so easy and healthy "frozen dinners" never tasted so good! Try some of our other fabulous freezable recipes such as Chile-Spiced Red Snapper and Couscous Stew, Turkey and Mango Picadillo, Mustard-Dill Chicken in Foil Packs and Roasted and Stuffed Smothered Eggplant.Freezing and thawing instructions: If freezing meatloaf, bake meatloaf for 60 minutes only. Cool, remove from pan, wrap in foil and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw in refrigerator and reheat in oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and bake for 5 minutes more.