Spicy chicken soft tacos with goat cheese
Canned tomato sauce
1 cup(s), chopped, diced
1 medium, seeded and minced
1 medium clove(s), finely chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
8 small, warmed
Uncooked green cabbage
1 cup(s), or purple, shredded
Semisoft goat cheese
¼ cup(s), crumbled
½ cup(s), chopped
1 medium, cut into wedges for serving
- Combine tomato sauce, onion, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Spray medium saucepan with nonstick spray and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add tomato mixture to pan and pour in as much water as needed to just cover chicken, about ¼ cup. Reduce heat to low and bring to simmer; cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Increase heat to high and cook sauce, stirring a few times, until sauce reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely shred chicken using 2 forks; add chicken to reduced sauce and heat through. To serve, top each tortilla with about ½ cup chicken, 2 tablespoons cabbage, ½ tablespoon goat cheese, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Place 2 tacos on each plate and serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 2 tacos