- Combine tomato sauce, onion, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Spray medium saucepan with nonstick spray and place over medium- high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add tomato mixture to pan and pour in as much water as needed to just cover chicken, about ¼ cup. Reduce heat to low and bring to simmer; cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Increase heat to high and cook sauce, stirring a few times, until sauce reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely shred chicken using 2 forks; add chicken to reduced sauce and heat through. To serve, top each tortilla with about ½ cup chicken, 2 tablespoons cabbage, ½ tablespoon goat cheese, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Place 2 tacos on each plate and serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 2 tacos
To up the heat in this dish, stir some canned chipotles en adobo, chopped serrano peppers, or cayenne into the tomato sauce while it reduces. And for crispier tortillas, use tongs to hold each tortilla over the flame or burner of your stove until browned.