Spaghetti Squash Marinara
- 1 medium uncooked spaghetti squash, (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 tsp garlic clove(s), minced
- 14 1/2 oz canned stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a large baking dish and prick skin all over with a fork. Bake until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, 5 minutes or until desired consistency.
- To serve, carefully rake the stringy squash pulp from the skin with a fork, separating it into strands that look like spaghetti. Spoon sauce over squash and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of squash, 1/4 cup of sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese per serving.