Spaghetti Squash with Chorizo & Manchego
Uncooked spaghetti squash
3 pound(s), (1 large), halved lengthwise and seeded
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp, divided
4 oz, halved lengthwise and sliced
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red, chopped
Pimiento stuffed olives
10 olive(s), Manzanilla, halved
Shredded manchego cheese
- Place the squash halves on a microwave-safe plate, cut sides down. Microwave on High until the squash is tender and can easily be scooped out with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat 2 tsp olive oil. Add the chorizo and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo is browned and the bell pepper is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the olives; toss and heat through.
- Using a fork, scrape the squash strands out of the squash halves and into a skillet, leaving a ¼- to ½-inch border around the edges of the squash halves.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the skillet and, using tongs, toss the squash mixture with the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with the salt and black pepper.
- Fill the squash halves with the mixture, about 2 cups in each. Return the squash halves to the plate and sprinkle each with 2 tbsp shredded cheese. Microwave on High until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 squash half