Spaghetti, Artichoke and Zucchini Frittata
Cooked whole-wheat spaghetti
1¾ cup(s), made fresh or leftover
Canned artichoke hearts without oil
14 oz, drained, cut into wedges
Shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
⅓ cup(s), fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp, divided
1 medium, chopped
1 medium, shredded
Canned tomato sauce
14½ oz, Italian-style
- Place oven rack in top position in oven. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti, artichoke hearts, cheese and parsley; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet with an ovenproof handle over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes more. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Spoon vegetable mixture into bowl with egg mixture; carefully wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in skillet; swirl to coat pan. Add egg-vegetable mixture; cover and cook over low heat, without stirring, until bottom is lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until frittata is completely set in center, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat sauce in microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Loosen edges of frittata with a spatula and then invert frittata onto a serving platter. Cut into 6 wedges; serve drizzled with warmed sauce. Yields 1 slice of frittata and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.