Soy-Wasabi Shrimp and Scallop Skewers
- Total Time
These Asian seafood kabobs are special enough for entertaining yet easy enough for a busy weeknight. We like skewers for built-in portion control.
uncooked scallion(s)5 medium
low sodium soy sauce6 Tbsp
wasabi powder3 tsp
ginger root1 ½ tsp, fresh, grated
uncooked shrimp16 large, fresh, peeled and deveined
uncooked scallop(s)1 pound(s), sea-variety (about 16 scallops)
sweet red pepper(s)1 large, cut into 16 chunks
Cremini mushrooms8 medium, caps, halved
cooking spray4 spray(s)
- Preheat outdoor grill (or grill pan). Cut white and light green parts of scallions into sixteen 1-inch lengths; thinly slice darker green parts.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, wasabi, honey and ginger until blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of soy mixture into a large bowl; set remaining soy mixture aside. Add shrimp, scallops, pepper, mushrooms and 1-inch length scallions to bowl; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread 2 pieces each of shrimp, scallops, peppers, mushrooms and scallions onto each of 8 ten-inch metal or wooden skewers.* Lightly coat skewers with cooking spray.
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, just until shrimp and scallops are cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove to serving plates or platter and drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Sprinkle with reserved sliced scallions and serve. Yields 2 skewers per serving.