Soy-Glazed Fish with Stir-Fried Spinach
- Total Time
Add a dash of hot sauce or red pepper flakes, if desired.
low sodium soy sauce2 Tbsp
uncooked scallion(s)2 Tbsp, minced
cilantro2 Tbsp, chopped
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), minced
ginger root1 Tbsp, peeled, fresh, minced
dark sesame oil3 tsp
uncooked Pacific cod24 oz, 4 (6-ounce) fillets
fresh baby spinach1 pound(s)
- Stir together soy sauce, scallions, cilantro, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1½ tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add fish; cook until fillets begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Carefully turn fish with a large spatula. Drizzle fish with soy-sauce mixture; cook just until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. (If sauce starts to stick to bottom of pan before fish is cooked, add a couple Tbsp water.)
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1½ tsp oil in another large skillet; set over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook, stirring constantly, just until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Divide spinach evenly among 4 plates; top each with 1 fish fillet.
- Serving size: 1 fillet and 3/4 c spinach