- 2 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 2 large egg(s), beaten
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked medium grain brown rice
- 4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat pan; cook egg through, remove to a plate and break egg up into small pieces with a fork.
Off heat, recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add scallions, pepper, peas and carrots, garlic and ginger to skillet; sauté for 5 minutes. Add rice; heat through. Stir in cooked egg, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar; serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- This dish works best with completely cooled rice. If you don’t have any rice already cooked, cook 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice according to package instructions and spread out on a sheet pan to cool while you prep the vegetables.Craving Pork Fried Rice? Just add some diced Canadian Bacon to the skillet with the veggies (could affect SmartPoints values).Like this recipe? Share it! (The icons at the top make it easy.)