Smoky Shrimp & Roasted Red Pepper with Linguine
Uncooked whole wheat pasta
1 oz, linguine variety
¼ cup(s), chopped, minced
2 medium clove(s), minced
Red pepper flakes
¼ tsp, or to taste
¼ pound(s), medium-size, peeled, deveined
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
½ cup(s), thinly sliced
1 tsp, smoked variety
1 tsp, grated
Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp, chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring often, until onion softens, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, paprika, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 2 minutes longer. Add wine and cook until most has evaporated.
- Add linguine, lemon zest and juice, and parsley; stir to combine. Transfer to plate; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serving size: about 1 1⁄2 cups