1 small, finely chopped
4 oz, finely chopped
Uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ item(s), seeds removed, finely chopped
Whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 large, lightly beaten
⅓ cup(s), divided
Store-bought adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are soft and pan is mostly dry, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In large bowl, mix turkey, chipotle pepper, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, chili powder, salt, 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, and onion and mushrooms. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and shape into 10-by-5-inch loaf, about 2½ inches thick.
- In small bowl, mix adobo sauce and remaining barbecue sauce and brush over top of meatloaf. Bake until thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf registers 165°F, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.
- Serving size: 1 slice (or 1 mini meatloaf)