Smoky Mini-Meat Loaves
- Total Time
Cooking meat loaf in a muffin pan makes for fool-proof portion control.
cooking spray8 spray(s)
olive oil1 tsp
uncooked onion(s)1 small, finely chopped
Cremini mushrooms4 oz, finely chopped
uncooked 93% lean ground turkey1 pound(s)
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce½ item(s), seeds removed, finely chopped
whole wheat breadcrumbs½ cup(s)
low-fat milk¼ cup(s)
egg(s)1 large, lightly beaten
chili powder2 tsp
table salt1 tsp
barbecue sauce⅓ cup(s), divided
store-bought adobo sauce1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft and pan is mostly dry, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place turkey, chipotle, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, chili powder, salt and 2 Tbsp barbecue sauce in a large mixing bowl; add onion mixture and combine thoroughly. Scoop 1/3 c turkey mixture into each muffin cup.
- In a small bowl, combine adobo sauce and remaining 3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp barbecue sauce; brush evenly over tops of meat loaves. Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in center of a meat loaf reaches 165°F, about 18-22 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 meat loaf