Smoky Chicken with Cherry Barbecue Sauce
- Total Time
Smoked paprika is the secret ingredient for instant smoky flavor – without setting up a smoker on your grill.
extra virgin olive oil2 Tbsp
kosher salt1 ¼ tsp, divided
paprika1 ¼ tsp, smoked variety, divided
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast1 pound(s), thin cutlets recommended
cherries¾ cup(s), pitted (or defrosted unsweetened frozen cherries)
apple cider vinegar1 Tbsp
Dijon Mustard1 Tbsp
chives2 Tbsp, minced
- Stir together oil, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp paprika in a small bowl; rub evenly over chicken and set aside.
- Place cherries, vinegar, molasses, mustard and remaining 1/4 tsp each smoked paprika and salt in a blender; blend until smooth and set aside.
- Make sure your grill grate are super clean. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (or set a large grill pan over two burners or broil).
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing; serve drizzled with sauce and sprinkled with chives.
- Serving size: 3 oz chicken, 3 Tbsp sauce