Smoky Chicken with Cherry Barbecue Sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
1¼ tsp, divided
1¼ tsp, smoked variety, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), thin cutlets recommended
¾ cup(s), pitted (or defrosted unsweetened frozen cherries)
Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp, minced
- In a small bowl, stir together oil, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp paprika; rub evenly over chicken and set aside.
- Into a blender place cherries, vinegar, molasses, mustard and remaining 1/4 tsp each smoked paprika and salt; blend until smooth and set aside.
- Make sure your grill grates are super clean. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (or set a large grill pan over two burners or broil).
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing; serve drizzled with sauce and sprinkled with chives.
- Serving size: 3 oz chicken, 3 Tbsp sauce