- 12 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), cooled, peeled
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce, Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika, Spanish, smoked-variety
Set up smoker. Or set up your outdoor grill with foil packets (see sidebar).
Place eggs in smoker or directly on grate and smoke until bronzed, 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off bottom of each half so it won’t wobble. Pop out yolks and place in bowl with egg white trimmings; mash with a fork (or combine in a food processor).
Add mayonnaise, mustard, sriracha and Worcestershire sauce to yolk mixture; mash well (or process to a thick puree). Spoon mixture back into egg white halves (or pipe it in with a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag with a lower corner clipped off). Sprinkle chives and paprika over eggs; refrigerate until serving.
Serving size: 2 halves
- Make your grill a smokerNot ready to invest in a stovetop or outdoor smoker? No need — here’s how to smoke on your own grill.For charcoal grill: Throw 2 cups dry (unsoaked) wood chips directly among the pre-heated briquettes. For gas grill: lift grilling grate and place a handful of chips directly on heat bars (Weber calls them "flavorizer bars"). For both: Run the grill on high until you see smoke, then reduce the heat to medium-low.