Slow cooker turkey, butternut squash and cabbage stew
Uncooked butternut squash
2 pound(s), peeled and seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
Uncooked green cabbage
¼ head(s), large, cored and roughly chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, sage, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Into the insert of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker add squash, cabbage, cranberries, and maple syrup. Mix. Stir in half of the spice mixture and toss well. Rub the remaining spice mixture over the turkey breast; nestle it into the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until turkey is cooked through and the squash is tender.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board; cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 12 equal pieces. Serve in bowls, topped with the vegetables and sauce from the cooker.
- Serving size: 2 turkey slices and 1 1/3 cups vegetables with sauce.