Mexican food is always a favorite. Just stir the ingredients for these burritos into your slow cooker and let everyone assemble their own.
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 small uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with chilies
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound(s) uncooked skinless boneless chicken thigh(s), cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 12 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), 6 to 7 inches each
- 3/4 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
Place garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, oregano and pepper in a 3-quart slow cooker; stir well. Add chicken and broth. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours; drain off liquid (there should be about 6 cups of burrito mixture).
To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of burrito mixture down center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla to center. Fold left side to center; fold right side to center, covering filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields 1 burrito per serving.
- You can microwave the burritos, seam-side down, for 30 seconds, if desired. Serve with salsa and reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream (could affect SmartPoints value).