Slow cooker beef and bok choy noodle soup
Uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
1½ pound(s), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Low sodium soy sauce
4 fl oz
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
Dried shiitake mushroom(s)
2 tsp, use two pods
Uncooked bok choy
1 pound(s), leaves separated and washed, the larger leaves torn
Packaged rice noodles
- Mix the beef, soy sauce, mirin, and ginger in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir well to coat the meat. Add the broth, scallions, dried mushrooms, star anise pods, and cinnamon stick. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Discard the star anise pods and cinnamon stick. Stir in the bok choy. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the rice noodles in a large bowl of very hot tap water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the noodles; divide among six serving bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles and let stand for 2 minutes to continue to soften the noodles before serving.
- Serving size: 1 2/3 cups soup and 1/3 cup noodles.