This hearty one-pot meal can be prepared in just one hour. Double the recipe and freeze for too-busy-to-cook days.
- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 12 oz uncooked lean beef round, roast, cut into cubes
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 item(s), medium uncooked bell pepper(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced (or 1 tsp jarred minced garlic)
- 2 medium uncooked potato(es), peeled and diced
- 24 medium uncooked baby carrots, about 1/2 lb
- 1 cup(s) canned fat-free beef broth
- 8 fl oz light beer
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp paprika
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, pepper and garlic; cook until beef is browned, stirring, about 3 minutes.
Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth and beer; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 30 minutes.
Stir together evaporated milk, cornstarch and paprika in a small cup; add to beef mixture and stir to combine. Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.