- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), white, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper(s), cored, seeded, minced (don't touch seeds with bare hands)
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 3 medium fresh tomato(es), cored and diced
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapeno and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes. Add shrimp; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; reduce heat to low and simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro; simmer 1 to 2 more minutes so flavors blend. Yields about 1 cup per serving.