¾ pound(s), peeled and deveined
1 small, thinly sliced
1 medium clove(s), minced
1 medium, seeded and finely chopped (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
½ pound(s), fresh, sliced
1 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
Fat free flour tortilla(s)
4 medium, (8-inch)
Reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 oz, or 1 cup
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt and add to the skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Transfer them to a plate and set aside.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, cumin, and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3–5 minutes. Remove from the heat, then stir in the shrimp and the cilantro.
- Place a tortilla on a work surface. Top half the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the cheese, one-fourth of the shrimp mixture, then 2 tablespoons more cheese. Fold the top half of the tortilla over the filling to form a semicircle, lightly pressing the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, making 4 quesadillas.
- Wipe the skillet clean, spray with nonstick spray, and set over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook until the cheese melts and the outsides of the tortillas are lightly browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the quesadillas to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 2 quesadillas. Yields 1 quesadilla per serving.
- Serving size: 1 quesadilla.