Shrimp and vegetable lo mein
8 oz, large, peeled and deveined
6 medium, thinly cut
4 medium clove(s), minced
1 tsp, minced
1 cup(s), julienned
6 oz, or pea pods, chopped
Sweet red pepper(s)
½ medium, diced
Uncooked bamboo shoots
½ Tbsp, sliced
Rice wine vinegar
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Two minutes before it's done, add shrimp.
- Drain cooked spaghetti and shrimp in a colander with scallions in it. Place mixture in large bowl and toss with sesame oil.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and set aside.
- In the spaghetti pot, heat peanut oil over high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, pea pods, pepper and bamboo shoots. Cook, stirring frequently, until just tender.
- Add sauce ingredients, stirring to mix. Add cornstarch mixture and bring to boil.
- Toss vegetable mixture with spaghetti and serve immediately. Makes about 1 3/4 cups per serving.