Savory matzo pudding
5 spray(s), divided
3 large egg(s)
½ tsp, freshly ground, or to taste
Canned chicken broth
2 cup(s), Spanish, chopped (about 3 medium onions)
1 cup(s), chopped (about 2 ribs)
½ pound(s), finely sliced or shredded
2 Tbsp, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 3 quart oven-proof baking dish (about 13- x 7-inches) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well-combined; stir in broth.
- Run each sheet of matzo under cold water and shake off excess moisture; crumble matzo into egg mixture and stir well to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add onions and celery; sauté until onions turn translucent, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables brown and start to caramelize, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When eggs are almost all absorbed by matzo, stir in vegetable mixture until well-combined; spoon mixture into prepared dish and smooth out top. Drizzle oil over top of matzo pudding; bake until top is crisp, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into 12 equal portions. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Serving size: 1/12th of dish