Sautéed Arugula and Tomatoes with Cheese and Pine Nuts
- Total Time
Here's a lovely way to enjoy fresh greens. For bolder flavor, swap feta for the goat cheese.
pine nuts¼ cup(s)
olive oil2 tsp, extra virgin
grape tomatoes4 cup(s)
garlic clove(s)1 large clove(s), minced
arugula10 oz, baby variety, 2(5-ounce) containers
table salt⅛ tsp, or to taste
black pepper⅛ tsp, freshly ground, or to taste
soft-type goat cheese2 oz, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Cook pine nuts in large heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat tossing occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer nuts to plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, until skins are lightly charred and start to split, pressing down with back of a spoon a few times, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds longer.
- Add arugula to tomato mixture cook, tossing with tongs, just until wilted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss. Spoon arugula mixture into serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
- Per serving: about 2/3 cup.