Sautéed Halibut with Coconut Rice and Mango Salsa
- Total Time
canned chicken broth¾ cup(s)
light unsweetened coconut milk½ cup(s), reduced fat
uncooked jasmine rice⅔ cup(s), or basmati rice
table salt¾ tsp
olive oil1 tsp
uncooked halibut fillet(s)20 oz, (4 5 oz-fillets), skinless
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
mango(es)1 item(s), peeled, pitted, and diced
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), medium, red, diced
cilantro2 Tbsp, chopped
fresh lime juice1 Tbsp
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce1 tsp
- Combine broth and coconut milk in medium saucepan. Set over medium-high heat and bring to boil. Stir in rice and ¼ teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add fish to skillet and cook, turning once, until just opaque in center, about 9 minutes.
- Stir together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt in small bowl.
- Divide rice evenly among 4 plates. Top rice with fish fillets and spoon salsa evenly over fish.
- Serving size: 1 fillet, ½ cup rice, and ½ cup salsa