Sausage, kale, and cheddar frittata
½ pound(s), stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
Uncooked red potato(es)
3 oz, scrubbed
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup(s), shredded, shredded
Mild breakfast links turkey sausage
6 link(s), fully cooked, coarsely chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 large, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil over high heat. Add kale and cook just until tender, 3–5 minutes. Drain and let cool. Squeeze excess water from kale.
- Meanwhile, pierce potato in several places with knife and place in medium microwavable bowl. Cover with wax paper and microwave on High until potato is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer potato to plate and let cool slightly. Dice potato.
- Whisk together egg whites, eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in all but 2 tablespoons of Cheddar.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausages are lightly browned. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add potato, kale, and sausage to skillet in even layer. Pour in egg mixture and spread evenly over vegetable mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until edges set, about 4 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake just until set in center, 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle frittata with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 1 minute longer. Cut into 4 wedges.
- Per serving: 1 wedge