Sausage, Apple and Cornbread Stuffing
- 8 oz uncooked turkey sausage(s)
- 2 Tbsp apple juice
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, chopped
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), cored and diced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp poultry seasoning
- 8 oz cornbread stuffing dry mix
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, hot
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
- Remove sausage from casing; add sausage to skillet and cook, breaking up into small pieces until no pink remains. Add apple juice and simmer, stirring constantly, until liquid evaporates. Remove sausage to large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add onion and celery; sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Stir in apples, parsley, thyme and poultry seasoning; cook about 3 minutes.
- Add stuffing to skillet; stir in enough chicken stock to moisten stuffing as you like it. Add to bowl with sausage; stir in enough chicken stock to moisten stuffing. Season to taste. Yields 3/4 cup per serving.