Salmon Cakes with Tarragon-Chive Sauce
- Total Time
This recipe is easily doubled for an elegant lunch gathering.
apple cider vinegar2 Tbsp
Dijon mustard2 tsp
chives2 tsp, fresh, chopped
fresh tarragon1 tsp, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried
capers1 tsp, drained and chopped
olive oil1 tsp
black pepper1 ¼ tsp, freshly ground
canned salmon14 ¾ oz, drained
fat free mayonnaise¼ cup(s)
uncooked scallion(s)¼ cup(s), chopped
dried plain breadcrumbs3 Tbsp
dried plain breadcrumbs¼ cup(s)
egg white(s)1 large, lightly beaten
mixed greens1 cup(s), salad
grape tomatoes8 medium, halved
- To make the sauce, combine the vinegar, mustard, chives, tarragon, capers, oil, and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the broiler. Spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- To make the salmon cakes, with a fork, mash the salmon and bones in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, scallions, 3 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, and the egg white. With wet hands, shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs on a sheet of wax paper. Coat the patties with the crumbs.
- Place the patties on the baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from the heat until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes on each side. Refrigerate 2 of the patties for another day. Divide the greens and tomatoes between 2 plates. Top each plate with a salmon patty and drizzle a tablespoon of the sauce over each patty. Refrigerate the remaining sauce. Yields 1 patty, 1 tablespoon sauce, and 1/2 cup salad per serving.