Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- 3 medium uncooked eggplant(s), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 4 small fresh tomato(es), plum, seeded and chopped
- 4 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 9 item(s) uncooked lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup(s), shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic with olive oil. Bake until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place half of vegetables, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup water in food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of vegetable purée into bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Place three noodles over purée. Top with 1/2 cup of purée, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining 3 noodles, purée and cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
This recipe is part of our Cook Once, Eat All Week series. To learn more about this month's theme: make ahead pasta bakes and casseroles, click here.