Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- Total Time
Roasted vegetable puree gives lasagna a new twist! For variety, substitute zucchini or yellow squash for the eggplant.
uncooked eggplant(s)3 medium, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
sweet red pepper(s)3 medium, chopped
fresh tomato(es)4 small, plum, seeded and chopped
garlic clove(s)4 clove(s), medium, peeled and chopped
olive oil2 tsp
table salt1 tsp, or more to taste
black pepper¼ tsp, or more to taste
uncooked lasagna noodles9 item(s), cooked and drained
grated Parmesan cheese¼ cup(s)
part-skim mozzarella cheese¾ cup(s), shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic with olive oil. Bake until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place half of vegetables, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup water in food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of vegetable purée into bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Place three noodles over purée. Top with 1/2 cup of purée, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining 3 noodles, purée and cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.